The swim of your life
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon provided swimmers of all levels of fitness, ability and age the opportunity to take the plunge and raise funds for Sport Relief.
• 1.5km. A great target for the novice swimmer to aim for. If you fancy working your way up to 60 lengths of a 25m pool whilst raising some much needed fundraising cash then this is the challenge for you!
• 2.5km. If you’re looking to go to great lengths to get sponsored, then 100 lengths of a 25m pool is for you. Get ready to make some fundraising waves!
• 5km. Not for the faint hearted! This is the longest distance challenge for the serious swimmers out there. Expect lots of sponsors because completing 5km will leave everyone, including you, breathless.
• SimplySwim. Whether it’s one of our set distance challenges or a few lengths with your family, SimplySwim lets you set your own distance, choose your own pool and raise money for a challenge the whole family can get involved with.
• 1.5km. Take on 60 lengths of a 25m pool as part of a team with your friends and family. Tell everyone you know and then watch your sponsorship total come along swimmingly.
• 5km. Round up your water-loving friends and take on the ultimate distance together. Then soak in the sponsorship money and the glory of completing your challenge.
• SimplySwim Team. Get together with friends, family or work colleagues, choose your distance and raise that sponsorship cash. Brilliant!
The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon saw 600 pools up and down the country taking part hosting thousands of swimmers. So here’s to the continued support of each of our pools who are paramount to the organising of the event and making the swimmer’s experience one to remember year after year.