Tim Lovejoy answers your questions...
Posted: 1 Apr 2013
The Swimathon team recently sat down with Swimathon 2013 ambassador Tim Lovejoy at the recent Swimathon Squad event, to answer questions from our Facebook fans. We reveal the answers below:
1. If you could swim anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
About 15 years ago I swam in the sea in Malaysia off the coast of Langkawi. The water was really warm and it was amazing.
2. Have you and Simon Rimmer thought about doing a show about football and food?
Yes, and we talk about it every week. It has to be made one day.
3. Tim, like the majority of the UK, we've kept a breast(stroke) with your many sporting exploits - many of which I've tried myself. I find swimming the hardest sport that I do because it involves skill, strength and stamina. Can I ask, do you find swimming more challenging than other sports?
No, cycling was the hardest that I've ever done because its mentally exhausting. When you've been cycling for an hour and a half you've only just warmed up.
4. Tim, you don't strike me as much of a swimming coach, so can you recommend music to sing in our heads whilst churning out the lengths?
The Jaws theme tune and an active imagination always gets me going.
5. Hi Tim, I have a very simple question to ask. Why do you do these challenges, like swimathons? By the way, this will be my 2nd, and I'm swimming the 1.5 km. Last year I swam the mile, so I am actually swimming fewer lengths this time round.
It’s always good to have a goal, that way if you achieve it you win. And I like winning! I also like doing my bit for charity and raising awareness.
6. What breakfast would you get Simon Rimmer to make you on the day of your swim?
Every morning I have porridge with water. It’s disgusting but reminds me of why I'm eating it. On the day of my swim I might make it with milk and add a little bit of maple syrup for a treat!